General child and adolescent mental health services
We offer services for children, adolescents and families that cover a range of common problems, including:
- problems relating to particular life events, such as parental separation or bereavement
- anger and aggression
- depression and self-harm
- stress and anxiety
- obsessive-compulsive disorder
- dislike of their appearance and eating disorders
- problems with friends, family and other relationships
- drug and alcohol issues
- traumatic events
- difficulties leaving home and coping with work, college or university
- problems following difficult early life experiences
- difficulties relating to disabilities
These types of problems are treated within our child and adolescent mental health services.
We offer a service tailored to the needs of parents with babies or toddlers as we recognise that younger children have different needs.
We also offer free and confidential consultations to single parents and parental couples who are experiencing conflict or other emotional difficulties in the relationship between themselves and young people in the 14 - 25 age group. You can self-refer to this service.
Specialist child and adolescent mental health services
We have a number of more specialist services for those who have particular needs. These include services for:
- young people who have suffered trauma
- children and parents who are refugees/asylum seekers
- young people who have gender identity issues
- looked after children
- children with autism or Asperger’s syndrome or other learning and complex disabilities
- child protection services
- children with complex and long-standing health and educational needs that cannot be met by their local community services - Gloucester House
Where we deliver services
We are based in Camden. Our services for children and families are mostly based in the Tavistock Centre in Swiss Cottage. We also have outreach clinics in the heart of Camden, and can provide clinical services in other boroughs where we have access to clinical space.
We often see children in schools and GP practices in Camden and other local boroughs in London.
Did you find this information useful? Help us by completing our online survey