We are a unique NHS mental health trust, internationally-renowned for our specialist clinicians, who range from psychotherapists and psychologists to nurses and social workers.
As an organisation we have existed since 1920 and have been an influential and pioneering centre in the world of talking therapies ever since.
We are leaders in our field, covering a very wide range of expertise, and employ many respected professionals who have much experience of working with the media: including television, radio, print and online. This is why we are often the first port of call for journalists looking for the opinion of a mental health expert.
Visit our recent media coverage page to understand what we can do for you.
Matt Cooper: Press and Communications Officer
020 8938 2571
Emma Heath: Communication and Stakeholder Engagement Manager
020 8938 2228
We welcome press enquiries on a broad range of subjects, not just those directly relating to mental health. We can offer comment on topics as broad as:
- youth crime and gang culture
- eating disorders and body image disturbance
- gender identity issues
- computer game addiction
- child protection/abuse and the social work system
- learning disabilities such as autism
- mental health problems such as depression, anxiety, suicide and self-harm
- trauma including asylum, refugees and war
- families and parenting
- sexual misconduct including paedophilia