We are committed to improving mental health and emotional wellbeing. We believe that high quality mental health services should be available for all who need them.
Our contribution is distinctive in the importance we attach to social experience at all stages of people’s lives. We are also distinct in our focus on psychological and developmental approaches to the promotion of health and the prevention and treatment of mental ill health.
We make this contribution through:
- providing relevant and effective clinical services for children and families, young people and adults
- ensuring that those who need our services can access them easily
- providing training and education aimed at building an effective and sustainable NHS and social care workforce, and at improving public understanding of mental health
- undertaking research and consultancy aimed at improving working practices and supporting innovation
- working actively with stakeholders to advance the quality of mental health care, and to increase awareness of the personal, social and economic benefits associated with psychological therapies
Our trust is unusual in the range of its activities. All of these, however, are closely linked and share the same underlying values and philosophy. At heart, we are rooted in clinical practice. All of our activities derive from the experience of working with patients.