We offer general child and adolescent mental health services covering a range of common problems, such as:
- anger and aggression
- depression and self-harm
- stress and anxiety
- phobias and obsessive-compulsive disorder
- dislike of personal appearance and eating disorders
- problems with friends, family and other relationships
- parental separation or bereavement
- drug and alcohol issues
- traumatic events
- difficulties leaving home and coping with work, college or university
- problems following difficult early life experiences
- difficulties relating to disabilities
We also offer a service for parents with babies or toddlers, as we recognise that younger children have different needs.
Specialist child and adolescent mental health services
We have a number of more specialist services for those with particular needs.
These include services for:
- young people who have suffered trauma
- young people who have gender identity issues
- children and parents who are refugees/asylum seekers
- looked after children
- children with autism, Asperger’s syndrome or other learning and complex disabilities
- child protection
We also provide a health and educational facility for children with complex and long-standing needs that cannot be met by their local community services. This service is called the Tavistock Children's Day Unit or 'Gloucester House' and takes place at Gloucester House, 33 Daleham Gardens, London, NW3 5BU.
Where we deliver services
We are based in Camden: our services for children and families are mostly based in the Tavistock Centre in Swiss Cottage. We also have outreach clinics in the heart of Camden, and can provide clinical services in other boroughs where we have access to clinical space. We often see children in schools and GP practices in Camden and other local boroughs in London.